02 May 2009

Canned!

The surgery that is.
Despite increasing the load this week yet again, I am having hardly any trouble with the knees and as a result cancelled the surgery.

Time will tell how long it is going to take until I need to schedule it again, but for now I am planning to build up to firstly do the Perth Half and then possibly the Perth Marathon as well.

This week I put together a total of 65k running, but no riding. This included intervals, hills, medium-long run, MP run and a long run of 26ks.

With a three week taper for the marathon I should be able to put in four runs at 30k plus.

The half is two weeks before the marathon and more than likely I will not race it but rather use it as a MP run.

So much for a plan - now I just wish Mr Murphy will leave me alone.

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

yes Murphy does tend to linger sometimes...all the best with the plans...

Clown said...

Great to hear that the knee is going well. Will be great to see you running Perth again.