27 April 2009

Stumped!

After a slow start to the week (sore throat, runny nose), I was able to build up to a total of 60ks running and 30ks on the bike.

Trouble is though that both knees are travelling very nicely, in fact completely trouble-free.

Which then begs the question? What's the point of having surgery.

I'm just puzzled how bad it felt a month ago and yet I increased the mileage and it got better.

I'll give the orthopod a call tomorrow and then we'll see, but it looks as if I'm going to see Star Trek on the 7th, not the 8th!

Suggestions, ideas?

1 comment:

Epi said...

Maybe your meniscal tear has healed. Presumably there is still wear and tear there, but whether an arthroscopy will make any real difference to that is debatable, given you are pain free.

Guess you need to see what the surgeon says. I'd tend to think that if it's not bothering you, delay the surgery. Murphy's law will say that if you dont get it done, the knee will flare up just before Busselton!