13 April 2009

Status Report

To make it very clear, training-wise I have currently no idea what I am doing. I just go out there and enjoy myself.
A few weeks back I was in Albany for work and ran and rode a bit down there - very pleasant except that the wind seems to be coming from everywhere - usually the front.
Otherwise I have kept things quite easy and in return I am not having any knee trouble at the moment. With the surgery booked for 7 May (slight change in date - 27 April is public holiday), I feel like an absolute fraud.

Progress has been like this:
Week 23 March: Run 18.75k, Ride 45.33k;
Week 30 March: Run 32.36k, Ride 18.10k;
Week 6 April: Run 52.48k, Ride 15.7k.

Not sure where I'm going from here. Did an early morning run of 13.5k this morning and the knee is doing fine. A bit swollen, but not too bad. Nowhere near as bad as when I had it checked out.
I'm not even sure whether I want/need the op, but what I am certain is that if I cancel it, the knee will blow up within 5 seconds, Murphy's law.

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

all the best with the op... hoe it goes well, and good idea to try and get in something, as wants the rehab starts it can iften be a long process from what I remember of the knee ops I have had...Maybe one day I'll go get mine done again..Go for it!