15 March 2009

Err, well, it was a week

Not quite sure how I can follow "Challenging Week" and "Massive Week", so I'll just leave it at that.

Saw the orthopod on Tuesday and to my surprise he suggested we leave the MRI be and go in straightaway to fix it. Fine by me. Know what's wrong with it anyway.
Trouble is of course he is a busy boy, so to tie it in with my commitments, I am now booked for 27 April.

Even if I were to keep building up the ks now, I would not be ready for the Perth Marathon, so I'll leave that one out yet again.

But C2S is definitely on the cards as is Rotto.

The week was quite easy. As by Tuesday the left knee had blown up like a balloon I opted for rest during the remainder of the week and that was the right thing to do. It's now just marginally bigger than the right one.

In the weeks going up to the op I'll focus on just a bit of running, a fair amount of riding and will spend more time in the gym to build up the muscles supporting the knee. And yes, losing a bit of weight would be a great idea. Last time it worked wonders for my recovery, so I'll stick to that.

I had planned to watch the triathlon OD championship today but because it was my mum's last day here and I wanted to spend a bit more time with her (who knows whether the 80 year old girl will make the travel down here again), I only caught a few glimpses of the race.

Anyway, plans have to be made to improve in the swimming department and not being able to run in May will be just the ticket to get some proper coaching. Clown - are you in? Let me know.

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

Go the thorpedos!

Epi said...

Out of interest - are you still doing any of your running in the Newtons?