10 May 2009

Star Trek is better than surgery

Way better. Go. See it. Awesome!

My fortunate 12 year old not only came to see it with me and his older brother on Thursday, he also got to see it again yesterday courtesy of one of his mates' birthday party. Boy, were we jealous.

Now to more prosaic things:

Week four in a four-weekly cycle means and reduced the mileage slightly, in effect by leaving out the tempo run on Friday. No riding this week either, although I had originally planned it. So that gave me another rest day on Wednesday. Total for the week 58.55k.
Monday: Hills (Mount Street x5) 10.75k
Tuesday: Medium longish at level 2 12k
Thursday: Intervals 400, 600, 800, 1200, 800, 600, 400, total 10k
Saturday: Long run 25.9k at 5:17 pace HR ave. 135 (previous week same course 5:21 pace HR ave 139).
And a brief session with weights in the gym after each run.
I am still shockingly slow but there is some improvement in the interval sessions.

The plan is pretty simple Monday hills, Tuesday medium long run, Wednesday ride or rest, Thursday intervals, Friday short tempo and Saturday long run. Sunday is always rest.

I'm not sure whether the sequence is right in the second part of the week, but I think if I don't overdo it with the tempo run I should be ok.

I won't do any races until the Perth Half and even then I'm more than likely going to do it at MP.

Live long and prosper!

1 comment:

Sling Runner said...

Great week. Good to see you back.

Yes, Star Trek rocks, better than the recent Star Wars...