17 May 2009

Nice going

Couldn't think of another title, but it sums up the week.

I am now well underway to make a start at Perth in 7 weeks' time. I still don't trust my knees not to have a lend of me, but we'll just have to see.

The satisfying part of the week was that work was full-on (including a post-midnight stint) but I still got the planned training done:

Monday: Hills (Mount St x6) 11.35k
Tuesday: Medium long run incl. Reabold Hill x2 14.24k
Wednesday: Rest (I think I deserved that after getting to be at 1:30)
Thursday: Intervals as last week 10k
Friday: Tempo run 6.5k
Saturday: Long run 30.34k at 5.23/k ave HR 139

Felt comfortable on every run except warm ups when the joints are just a bit creaky (this is old age, Sling!) and the last 5ks on the long run.

Pity about daylight saving not being introduced, I'll have to get used to running in daylight in the morning...

3 comments:

Clown said...

Homo, what a slacko not running Wed :).

Great to hear things are going well and some nice sessions there, well done.

trailblazer777 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trailblazer777 said...

good long run! re DLS the No's have it. :-) its rare I ever get to bed before 0200. some killer hills stuff there at mount st and reabold too...pretty good combo that week.