02 December 2007

Week 3 - Shins splints? What shin splints?

A solid week with a tempo run on Monday, 13ks overdistance on Wednesday, gym on Tuesday and Wednesday, hills on Friday (nearly broke that elusive 1:30 mark at Mount Street, yeah!) and: ouch, what is that on Friday? Shin splints? Oh, no!
Anyway, despite having to be on my feet all day examining, with plenty of ice in the evening, a couple Voltaren and a good wrap overnight, it had all disappeared on Saturday morning.
I was not game to do the long run then though, so rest and today I went out for 100 mins, expecting that I might have to stop and waddle home.
No such thing, did the entire 100 mins at 5:17 at 66% HR, including Reabold Hill. That was very good. So I'm very happy, especially since otherwise the week quite crappy in various respects.
Next week is hopefully better with work not being as demanding.
Friday it's off to Adelaide for the weekend for #1's UMAT interview, so let's see what that city has to offer runwise.


Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Epi said...

Must have only just missed you this morning - I ran Raebold as part of my 20k!

trailblazer777 said...

keep those shin splints out of it...
way to go!