16 December 2007

First proper long run

It was indeed a rest week, as I'm now busting to get properly back into it again. That is what periodisation is all about. Another four weeks of base training and then intensity.
This week I managed to split up the runs easily over three days with a 25k long run yesterday. My better half crewed me on the bike, which is always very nice as it gives us some "us" time (away from the nagging kids....). We were very tempted to sit down at Choux in Swanbourne for a coffee and a nice little pastry but we were "good" and just got croissants for breakfast after.
Fortunately I had a trial vacated this week which means that the Xmas lead up will be much easier and I'll be able to take the time for training without too much rushing and I won't have to think about work constantly when on the runs.
Knee is still holding up marvelously, even after 25k. Worst thing were a couple of blisters, but that's the Brooks Trance, they are just not a perfect fit over distances 20k+. I'll have to remember that.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: