11 December 2007

Week four - still going strong

Apart from the occasional niggle the knee is holding up very nicely. I actually applied to join a knee study at UWA to track the long-term development of arthritis in the knee after a meniscectomy. Although I fitted all criteria, they would not take me as I had the same op 20 years ago - bummer - would have been interesting to see how it all develops - especially with a free MRI etc thrown in every 2 years.
Well, I'm happy as it is and I'll soon enough notice if it goes downhill again.
Because of the trip to Adelaide with son #1 on the weekend, I did the long run on Wednesday morning. Then on Sunday a 60 minute run around the Torrens, very enjoyable, albeit feeling a bit sluggish. Nevertheless, at an average pace of 5:13 the heart rate was just under 60%. Not bad at all.
Total ks this week: just over 53.
On Friday I did 6 reps of Mount Street and finally managed to break that 1:30 barrier. The fact that it was lunchtime and the temperature in the high 20's made that just that little more impressive.
This week is a "rest" week, so I'll take it easy, but overall the training is working out just as planned.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: