10 August 2008

Pentecost minus one

Nooooo, I'm not religious, but with having enjoyed a classical education any period of seven weeks works out to fifty minus one.

Which means in a round about way that the countdown to Berlin is on.
One week of easy work, three intensive and then three weeks of taper.

Again, I've had an excellent week.
Monday - Hills and Overdistance: 14.61
Tuesday - Donated Blood - hence no training (even though I only did platelet apheresis)
Wednesday - Intervals: 10.71
Thursday - Racepace: 12.07
Friday - Endurance and Peaking Sprints: 7.31
Saturday - Long and Slow: 34
Today - Brick Session 30 on the bike and another 8.11 at Level 2/3 (just to muck around a bit)
Total for the week: 86.81 plus 30 on the bike.

Knees and heel are holding up. I got a bit of a shin splint on Thursday but with a bit of Voltaren Cream and two tablets it just went away.

The hardest part was the long run on Saturday morning. It was very windy and cold and it took about 16ks until I started to warm up properly.

As I mentioned above, this coming week is an easy one. I'll probably come up to just under 60k. That will include the Lake Joondalup 10k on Sunday. If I manage to do the long run on Friday I should be rested enough to attack the recent PB.

Otherwise we have just booked the remainder of the accommodation, train tickets and hire car for the first few days.

Now I'll have to find some places to do easy runs in the week prior to the marathon. I'm really looking forward to it.
Until then though, there is a lot of work to be done until we board the plane.

2 comments:

Clown said...

The training is going really well, sounds like a pb in Berlin is def on the cards.

See you at Lake Joondalup

Epi said...

I predict 41:30