24 August 2008

5 weeks to Berlin

A bit of a weird week with less mileage than I had intended.

A number of factors intervened, including work, meetings and a certain reluctance to get up early in the morning.

As to the latter though, I have noticed that I have less joint pain when I do not jump out of bed (to the extent that I can do that) in the morning and go off on a run. Doing it later in the day clearly allows them to warm up and I think that is a significant factor in everything holding up so well.
Whether I can still do that in the middle of summer is another question, but, eh, we'll look at that then.

Monday: Rest;
Tuesday: Mount Street x6 with a PB of 1:19, hills and overdistance 12.85k;
Wednesday (I really went stupid then): Brick session - 50.38ks on the bike at 30kmh pace then 53' run at 4:39/k for 11.44k (a bit quicker than marathon pace), but held up nicely although the first 2ks were a bit wobbly off the bike;
Thursday: bike 2x 10k;
Friday: Rest (not really intended, but all sorts of things got in the way);
Saturday: LSD level 2/3 30.16k, but was quite sore after that;
Sunday: Intervals 10.33k.

Total: 64.78k run and 70k bike.

Both knees and hamstrings were a bit sore today still after the long run yesterday, but with a decent warmup it all felt good.

This week I should get up close to 80ks again.

Sunday is the C2S HM and I'll do that at marathon pace (maybe a bit quicker) with a run from home into the city and then from City Beach home again, making it a total of around 33ks.

Then, another heavy week and a decent taper. It's coming together I think.

No comments: