27 July 2008

Running for Gold

Maybe staking it a bit high, but I did get up today despite the rain even though I had not even signed up yet.

Run for Gold 2008 - I did not win the race or the Gold - the chances of the latter happening being much greater than the former.

For me though the race was "Gold" with a new PB at 43:13, a pace of 4:19.

I've been so busy the last few weeks that I need to catch up on reporting.

The week before last was a recovery period and I clocked up a total of 45ks doing a few intervals, and two long runs.

The last week was very busy at work and consisted of work (lots of it), eating (just a little), watching TdF and consequently little sleep and a awful lot of running.

I managed to top the 80k mark with the race and a decent cooldown afterwards. Haven't done that for a long time. I think it just about matches my best week before Rottnest two years ago.

My heel is feeling good, at least when I run. It sometimes does play up when I have to walk a distance. The knee is as if it's not there at all.

Nine weeks to Berlin and things are really starting to fall into place.

I have now also signed up for the C2S Half. Four weeks out from the Marathon, that should give me a good indication of where I am. I am kind of hoping to manage 1:35, but it is a bit hilly, so that might be a struggle.

I also intend to do Lake Joondalup in three weeks.

Oh, and on another front, I have splurged out (what's the point of working hard if you can't get some bling....) on a Cervelo P2C. Should arrive next week - I am really looking forward to it!!!

3 comments:

Clown said...

Fantastic effort and congrats on a pb.

Sounds as though the training is going really well, glad to hear that the knee and heel are holding up well.

Epi said...

Hmm...

I'm teetering on the edge of going to Runners World and buying a bike after TDF and our discussion on Sunday. I deserve it godammit!!!

Nice run by the way!

trailblazer777 said...

Congrats on the PB!
Some great numbers there, sounds like you are really starting to get some momentum again towards Berlin...way to go!