13 July 2008

Perfect

Or at least as close as.

I managed to get the running training done just I had planned it and by Saturday I was looking forward to sleeping in this morning.

Monday: Interval training 400m, 600m, 800m, 1200m, 800m, 600m, 400m with rest to <110bpm, level 4;
Tuesday: donated Blood;
Wednesday: Long run 17.5k level 2;
Thursday: Hill 5x Mount Street level 4-5;
Friday: Brick Session 50 mins bike, 50 mins run (bike included the first 22k of Kona) level 3;
Saturday: Long run 18.7k (very slow given the heavy session the day before) level 2.
Sunday: nothing!
Total week: 69ks - more than for a long time.

Knee is perfectly fine. Heel still plays up but I can now go longer before it becomes bothersome.

I think I will keep the mid-week long run at the current level and build up on the weekend run.

Next week is week four in the periodisation, so lighter work load on the running side. I'll focus a bit more on riding, swimming and strength.

No comments: