04 May 2008

Crashing down to Earth

Having got quite some heat at the homefront, I thought I would get an A skydiving licence and then be content with the occasional jump.
This weekend was supposed to get me much closer to that point.
Without going into too many details, I have now decided to postpone the plan for a while, a considerable while I think.
It's just too hard to travel up to York, taking time out and having my head properly sorted out to concentrate. I think I need my head too much during the week and don't need the additional challenge.
The first (and only) jump on Friday was quite symptomatic. My first solo and I was really looking forward to it.
Jumping headfirst out of the plane was good fun, I recovered quite ok but manoeuvring was not so good. The landing would have been excellent if it had flared for long enough during the final few seconds.
This way I jarred my right heel (and bumped the right knee for good measure) and now, two days later, I still cannot stand on the heel. But it is improving.
Quite a pity though as things were clicking into place nicely even though it had looked for a while after Canberra as if I had overdone it completely and any further marathons would be out of the question.
I spent some time in the gym today obviously not doing anything involving the use of my right heel, but riding should be ok, so I might jump on the bike this week.
Worst case scenario is that I might have to give the Perth Marathon a miss, but we'll see.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Clown said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, pity about the end. All the best with the recovery, hope to see you up and running soon.