09 March 2008

Oh, boy!

What a weird two weeks it has been.
I felt so deflated last weekend I did not even feel like blogging.
Whilst I managed something like 68ks for the week, a record for quite some time, I had real trouble keeping it all together.
To make matters worse, this week the right knee played up so I just let everything go until Friday. By then I had got to the point where the head was ticking right again and I dashed up the DNA tower a few times just to get the week out of the system.
Yesterday I took stock and figured that maybe, despite the fact that I have about as many runners as Imelda had shoes, all of them were worn out - except for the Trance that keep giving me little blisters whenever I go beyond 30k.
So, I reviewed what the podiatrist said and went over to Bob and Jan and pulled apart their shelves. I tried about six pair in different combinations and Phil started to shake his head.
Anyway, I came away with a new pair of Adistar Control and they are just fantastic. Softest but most stable ride ever!
So I went for run with junior, in preparation for the Canberra Kids Marathon and started to feel together again.
Today, I got up early and went round Kings Park, a good 13ks aerobic run. The knee is "still there", but tonight it feels much better, ie. not the twinges I've been having all week.

On a positive note, I went skydiving on Wednesday and managed to have good control in freefall, plus had a super sweet landing, tippy-toe and all, without any guidance at all. Wow! That felt good. Unfortunately however, I am so busy at work now that I won't be able to go back up to York for a couple of weeks.

I have found the entry forms and faxed them off today.
I see that there are currently a mere 7 entries in the marathon from WA, including Epi and Clown. Funny then that the three of us should decide to run it quite independently of each other.

Ok, back to work and let's see what the next week brings.
It'll be stressful all week, but I do hope that we'll finish before the five days the matter is listed for.


Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Epi said...

Nice to see your post - we were getting worried!

5 weeks to go!

trailblazer777 said...

all the best in Canberra!!!

Sonica said...

Hi. Greetings. This post is really good and blog is really interesting. It gives good details.

Podiatrist Melbourne