24 July 2006

Run for Gold

The plan with taking some time off did not work out at all. I had to front up and do odd little bits here and there breaking up my week. I then wanted to take tomorrow off as well, but hey, something else came up.

I really need to go out of the country to get away from it all...

On the bright side, I did the 10k Run for Gold and Anna came along and did her first race, the 5k. She got through in just over 35 mins which is excellent.

I managed 45 mins and I am quite happy with it, especially since I had not trained for it at all and looked at it as a tempo run more than anything else.

Had a slow start and latched on to this old guy in the green T-shirt. By the Claisebrook bridge he folded and I went off on my own, keeping a steady pace.

I managed to get a copy of SERIOUS training for the endurance athlete earlier in the week and have been putting a more scientific touch on my training plan.

The swimming has already improved and helped my core stability. Right now it's all coming together nicely.

Good, good, as Simon would say.

1 comment:

Epi said...

Homo,
Well done to bounce back after the first Marathon! After my first last year I stopped for two months then had to start all over again - you should get alot of momentum out of the first for the second.

If you have any questions re science of training, I'd talk to TS&TF - he knows every coach and top runner's philosophies and the theory behind it - as I'm sure you know from his CR posts.

Good luck in the leadup to Rotto, might see you out there at City to Surf (amongst the 30,000!)

Epi