14 September 2008

Recovery, too

Couldn't help myself with the title.

Being sick and having to deal with a more than usually stressful trial really put me back and I have to look at it as an enforced taper.
On Wednesday we finally finished in Court and I was aching to get out on the road. I had one more 30-35k long run planned but on Wednesday I only had time for 13ks at just under MP pace. Managed to do an average of 4:40m/k at level 3 around the hills in Kings Park.

Thursday lunch time I knocked off and wanted to run to Bold Park and down the coast, but was struggling pretty soon. The day before had taken it out of me completely. So I had to be content with 26ks at level 2 and just under 5:30 pace.

In return dinner with Epi, Tiff and Clown was good fun. I really enjoyed that.

With the plane leaving on Friday and being unsuccessful in roping someone else in to do another trial on Thursday and Friday (talk about cutting it fine), I had to work all weekend but took some time off in the afternoon to go along the river etc for 14ks. I felt fantastic with good turnover, level 3 at 4:33 pace. Not bad for an old man....
This week I'll just do two or three runs mainly an interval session and a longish run (15ks) with some fartlek and maybe some peaking sprints. That way the legs won't get too lazy without getting too tired.
The following week I really don't know. I'm sure I'll go out on Sunday morning, maybe on Tuesday or Wednesday in Hamburg and once more once we have arrive in Berlin on Thursday.

I doubt I'll have time to blog again before we take off (and possibly not for a while after).
Berlin, here we come, it's going to be fun.

PS. I have signed Epi and Clown up on the SMS notification at the half and the finish mark. If anyone else wants to get the result straight away, let me have your mobile number.

2 comments:

Epi said...

Good luck!

Not every race needs to be a PB, but the way you are currently running, I'd not be surprised if they are.

I look forward to an SMS. (will it be in Deutsch?)

Next week should be 'Easy does it, too'

Sling Runner said...

A couple nice runs there (4:30-40 pace) which shoul dbode well for Berlin. Good luck!