24 September 2008

Easy does it, too

Just a short update, given that I did not get to put up any lines just prior to leaving:
The last week was a real horror as I was really busy at work and did not find the time to go out for any taper-specific runs.
Finally on Thursday we settled the last trial before the holidays and I went straight home and hammered a good 7ks at 4:30 - probably too fast, but mentally I just needed it.
I worked till midnight and in return did not have to go back to work on Friday and could sattle the bike for a brick session, first an easy 30k in an hour on the bike and then another 14ks in about 1:15 (haven't even worked out what average that makes).
Packing, off to the airport for the usual pleasure of cattle class. Arrived in Dusseldorf on Saturday afternoon and had a great dinner with fresh wild boar (felt like Obelix - which will become a recurring theme these holidays).
Sunday morning a good 13ks along the Rhine in very pleasant running weather. The conditions here are just phantastic, runners have it good.
Monday we were off to Hamburg and for the next 1.5 days we were exploring the sights, so had enough time on my feet.
This morning, another 12ks at marathon pace around the Aeussere Alster, a real runners' mekka, quite a few people out there at 6:30. Again, very good conditions, a bit windy.
We are off to Berlin tomorrow and that means an easy run, maybe even down to the Brandenburger Tor and back from where we are staying, that should be about 8ks.
Weather forecast is good, no rain, not too warm.
The only issue I have is that I have been eating all sorts of great food, starting with the wild boar and I can see that I'll soon be rolling around instead of running.
Ok, over and out, I'm going to enjoy myself. Assuming the limbs hold up, a good time will be possible. I am thinking though of taking the camera with me and take the occasional snap, just for the heck of it, I may not get the opportunity again, so it would be well worth taking a couple of pictures.

3 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

These romans are crazy. Dont forget some parsley in case Cacophonix shows up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obelix

Epi said...

Good Luck!

I'll name my next post 'Berlin Marathon PB' so you can keep the theme running.

Then enjoy your time amongst the Goths

Clown said...

Homo, all the best, looking forward to getting the sms with the times and seeing a pb. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and will catch you when you get back.

Cheers