06 April 2008

Ready, Set, ...

And Fred has just scared me again.

I just wanted to check on the average for one of my runs and guess what, Fred played dead again. I have managed to resurrect him again, but I'm really starting to worry.
Fortunately I have my back up plan, but I would like to use Fred as I have programmed him with the pace for each section to get there in 3:30 (3:30:05 to be exact, but that's good enough for me, too).

Otherwise, everything is looking good and the pieces are coming together.

On Monday I did a short speed session with the foot pod trying to stay within the magic 90-95. My natural pace seems to be around 83 but at 90-95 I should be able to do an average of just over 4:33/k. Is that maybe what I am or should be capable of? That would in fact be really nice. Over a marathon that would work out to a time of 3:12!

Tell him he must be dreamin' - right?! My Boston cut off is 3:20 I think.........

Anyway, that matters all very little now. Whilst I am excited about next Sunday, I won't be silly enough to throw out the plan I have concocted over a few months now. If I manage to break the 3:30, great, if not, Perth is still there, and Berlin as well.

I did another 10k tempo run on Wednesday with a comfortable 4:30 pace
and then a longish run of 16k yesterday at just under 5:30 pace. Lots
of fun despite the fact that it came pouring down just as I set out and
it took about 1k to fill my shoes with water.

So, let's go through the checklist:

Mind - check;
Pacechart - check;
Food and Drink - check;
Rest of gear - will be checked by Thursday.

Tomorrow I plan a short Conconi style speed session on the treadmill and then an easy run either Wednesday or Thursday (depending on the weather, if it's good on Wednesday, I'll go off to York to hurl myself out of a plane for kicks), travel Friday, 5k on Saturday with Anna and then.

Also, given the time difference and the fact that the race starts at 7, I will try to get up around 4:30am every morning (the emphasis at this point being on "try").

Are we gonna have fun or are we gonna have fun?!!


Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

Epi said...

Hey, we're running 4:30-4:38s! Come run with us.

Epi said...

Sorry, shouldn't be stirring the pot at this point - we all get twitchy at this point.

Sub 3:30 would be great !