20 June 2006

Getting there

Here we are. The entry form for the marathon is filled in and almost ready to be sent off.

I had a truly great 36.5k long run on Saturday morning, paced myself well and felt good including towards the end.
I wore the skins and put them on again for a few hours afterwards. They seemed to work quite well. After the HM it took a couple of days to get rid of the soreness, but with the skins I was ok on Saturday evening. Admitted, not quite the same intensity, but if it works why not.
Next question is, should I wear the skins for the marathon as well?

This morning I did a 3x 1600m interval, trying to do the mile in 7 mins. 6:48, 7:11 and 7:10 was the result. Not quite what I had in mind, but very close.
The trial for next week has fallen out so I'll need to find something else to keep my mind occupied. More meditation maybe? Or I could take the bike and ride over the course. That would be an excellent idea!

No comments: