15 June 2006

New Beginnings

I just couldn't get up this morning and even an excited Bernese Mountain Dog pup (aka Madi) licking my face couldn't convince me to get up. So, there went the early morning 6k tempo run I was due to do today.
So I tried a new approach and packed a bag with gear to go for a run after a conference at Chambers - and I did.
A full trot around Kings Park, couple of ks to warm up, then 6k tempo at a good 4:30 average and a fast 4k back. Excellent.
Better even that the shower actually worked.
I am growing somewhat apprehensive about the Marathon. I have been reading too much about other people's times etc and am not sure what to expect especially as far as the time is concerned.
I suppose I should focus more on running a good race, with the head so I pace myself properly.
Saturday will be crunch time with the last long run of 32k on the menu.
I know it's rather late in the overall training regime with only two weeks of taper. But that'll have to do.
Going back to the running from the office, it just takes a bit of organising and an hour (or so) - time which I frequently just squander anyway. I might as well make something of it.

No comments: