06 January 2008

All set for Canberra

We finally got around to book the flights to Canberra and also the accommodation. We'll be staying at the Medina Apartments, a stone's throw away from the start. Since we're over there, we'll fly on to Sydney for a few days, being school holidays and all.
On the sporting front this has been a very difficult week. The left knee is still pretty buggered, although it's more the knock on it, rather than something structural inside. But to make matters worse the right one has started to play up as well.
I suppose the 4kgs I gained over Xmas have not helped, but the long run today was quite a challenge, especially towards the end. I played it safe by sticking to going round and round and round Kings Park, but I didn't take anything with me and hit the wall at 26ks.

Not to be discouraged, we looked at getting to and staying in Berlin at the end of September.

This week I'll just push it as far as the knees allow me and build up from there - and try to eat properly to lose some of the Xmas excess.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Clown said...

Just be careful with those knees, good to see that you are doing the long runs. I normally run Sun am around 7-7.30 from West Perth along City to Surf route if you ever want to join us. All the best with your training.

BTW staying at the same place for Canberra, I changed my booking a few days ago from Rydges Lakeside.